Workflow FAQ Responses
As cDevWorkflow continues to grow, we are amazed at the wonderful feedback our users provide. This helps improve the product and website so you have a more enjoyable experience. We also receive a large volume of emails, many asking the same questions. So to help you get an answer faster, we urge you to check this list of Workflow FAQ as it most likely contains the information you need.
Our Workflow FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) page is included here to provide quick access to information. Should this list of workflow FAQ not address your specific information needs please contact us. Our Technical Resource team welcomes your input and will gladly clarify or augment the information contained on this page.
How much load can the cDevWorkflow handle?
- Load depends on many things:
- the number of instances to process
- the number of steps in a process
- user interactive steps
- the hardware infrastructure its running on
- # of cDevWorkflow servers processing requests
- cDevWorkflow was created with the future informational needs in mind. The products can handle your workflow needs from a single request to 1 million requests.
- cDevWorkflow can be configured to load balance and distribute the load as well.
What programming language is the product written in?
- cDevWorkflow is completely written in C# employing version 4.0 of the .Net framework.
- The development environment used is Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.
- Configuration Manage is written using Asp .net, jQuery and C# using .Net 4.0 framework.
What are the plans for the products future?
- The future of cDevWorkFlow is being driven by the availability of technology and the needs of our customers.
- cDevWorkflow was created out of our own need for a workflow solution. Because we use this product we are continually enhancing its core competencies. We enhance the product based on what we need and what you need it to do.
- We do not speculate on future enhancements nor build features in the hopes that our customers / marketplace will need them.
Can you help us with our BPM requirements?
- Of course! We are available to review your BPM workflow requirements.
- We are also available to provide consulting or project management services.
Do you perform demos of the product?
Do you provide any help with installation & configuration?
- Yes. All customers receive unlimited email technical support with their Service and Support Agreements.
How do I use the Web Service API?
- Follow this link to obtain detailed information on using the Web Service API with cDevWorkflow.
How do I extend the cDevWorkflow tables?
- Follow this link to obtain detailed information on how to extend workflow tables with cDevWorkflow.
How do I build a new cDevWorkflow Step / Action?
- Follow this link to obtain detailed information on how to build a workflow step or action with cDevWorkflow.
How do I build a new Data Type?
- Follow this link to obtain detailed information on developing a workflow data type with cDevWorkflow.
How easy is it to integrate cDevWorkflow into my application?
- You can integrate cDevWorkflow in 3 steps. With this simple – time proven method, following our 3 step process and your application will have it integrated in a matter of days.
- This solution is part of the documentation set you will receive with your cDevWorkflow purchase.
What is required for writing code?
- MS Visual Studio 2010, 2012 or 2013
- Write code against the cDevWorkflow API
- Write code against the webservice API
- Write code in C# or VB .Net
Can I use the Configuration Manager to manage my workflow instead of building my own User Interface?
- Yes. We created cDevWorkflow with the idea that it would be self-contained. Everything a person would need to design, implement and manage a workflow process is included.
- In time, you can always replace our user interface with something else. Our goal was to make a BPM engine that worked flawlessly – we decided to leave the GUI frontend artwork to others.
What is the Configuration Manager?
- Configuration Manager enables system users to manage the following:
- data types
- step categories
- business intelligence
- Configuration Manager is an out of the box, user interface that we provide for you to configure and manage the cDevWorkflow product.
How do I configure the cDevWorkflow service?
- Follow this link to obtain detailed information on how to configure the Service Settings within cDevWorkflow.
How do I configure the application?
- Follow this link to obtain detailed information on how to configure an application using the installation configuration guide within cDevWorkflow.
What are installation requirements for cDevWorkflow?
- Ensure you have the following components and applications installed before installing cDevWorkFlow:
- Net Framework 4
- Microsoft Internet Information Server
- MS SQL Server 2005/2008 Express or Full
- You also need to create the cDevWorkflow database using the correct script. Click here to find out how.
Our Workflow FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page is included here to provide quick access to information. Should this list of workflow FAQ not address your specific information needs please contact us. Our Technical Resource team welcomes your input and will gladly clarify or augment the information contained on this page.
A small sampling of the Workflow Technology for BPM Solutions contained within our cDevWorkflow product offering can be found here: Workflow Technology That Works.
Learn more about our Process Automation & IT, QA Services or Software Development products and solutions on the Web! Visit us at: Innovative Process Solutions